These Patchnotes were written by [CG] LAWLTA and the Original Forumpost was deleted 184.108.40.20650
A Backup is Available on the Wayback Machine here 220.127.116.1150
This Game Version can be downloaded with a Steam Depot Downloader and the following Information from SteamDB
- App ID: 1101190
- Depot ID: 1101191
- Manifest ID: 1363927207417657299
Posted August 21
Yesterday we released Update 1.1 which brought in a ton of great stuff, being the tip of the iceberg for what you can expect to see coming in future additions for Dungeon Defenders: Awakened! With that, we’ve got something we’d like to address that wasn’t in the original patch notes to help bring clarity to some previously gray understandings.
¶ Tower and Hero Buff Interactions
Update 1.1 changed how buffs work across the board and may be why certain setups feel weaker. Previously buffs were multiplicative and allowed some pretty crazy builds to appear, and this was before we even brought Series EV-A’s Overclock Beam into the equation. As a result, we made buffs additive instead of multiplicative. There are some big reasons for this kind of change, and we’ll touch on two of them.
- Anytime we want to add another tower or damage interaction into the game with future heroes or mechanics, we have to take into consideration how it all multiplies and balance it properly. This leads to additional Hero nerfs or releasing new Heroes with weaker tower/hero interactions. Ultimately limiting fun Hero mechanics later.
- Adding additional content, we’d have to take into consideration the buff builds that people were using. What happens is that the disparity between people using full buff builds, some buffs in their builds, and no buffs in their builds drastically increases, meaning content is steam rolled by one build, while another has no shot, further requiring a meta, instead of a meta making something easier but not absolutely required.
We’re keeping a close eye on these changes now that they are out live, but received a lot of great feedback previously through our testing with Cavalry and RQA.
- Fixed an issue where the Demon Lords ground flames were hitting the Crystal Core.
- Fixed an issue with the radial menu not correctly pulling names and descriptions.
- Fixed an issue with Achievements not displaying properly.
- Fixed an issue with host costume colors not replicating correctly for clients.
- Fixed an issue with how the Ancient Dragon was flying between positions.
- Fixed an issue where the top caps of Series EV-A Fields were not properly appearing.
- Fixed an issue with the Demon Lord’s swords not replicating properly in survival.
- Fixed an issue that caused default bag names from showing correctly.
- Fixed an issue with build mana on Massacre Survival Arcane Library Wave 14.
- Fixed an issue where the Demon Lord’s flying charge could damage the Crystal Core.
- Adjusted how spiders spawn to avoid a mass amount spawning at the end of the wave.
- Added Series EV-A’s second double jump animation.
- Adjusted the Deadly Striker Tower’s priority, so that Goblin Copters now take priority over spiders.
- Adjusted how bonus armor is displayed from Overclock Beam.
- Adjusted the quality of loot dropped in early maps for Massacre Survival.
- Adjusted projectile counts to only show if they are greater than one for weapon tooltips.
- Fixed an issue with how tower stat buffs are shown on tooltips.
- Added Sirens to Massacre Survival Tornado Valley.
- Fixed an issue with the Siren’s body having collision after being defeated.
- Fixed a visual issue on Summit that caused assets to visually disappear.
- Fixed an issue where Sirens and their buffed enemies weren’t displaying an icon.
- Fixed an issue with how Melee Damage and Melee DPS were calculated on item tooltips. They visually showed higher values than what they were actually doing.
- If you run into any additional bugs or have points of feedback, please visit our Discord as we have a new reporting system for bugs and feedback that allows us to parse through things as they appear.
- We're looking into an issue with Enrage Aura interactions. Enrage Aura has been capped at 65% chance to enrage enemies while we continue to investigate.
- Challenge map balance in lower difficulties is a little too difficult currently.
- All items may appear as upgrades after swapping heroes.
- Visual issues that range across various tooltips.
- There's a crash related to using a QWERTZ/Czech keyboard. Possible workaround is to change the Windows keyboard setting to English.
- We’re still working on making sure any and all bugs that appear get squashed pretty quickly and thank you for all the feedback you’ve provided so far. While we’re getting these fixes in, we’ve already begun work on our next updates and can’t wait to share our work with you.
Keep and eye out for more info!