An element is an additional damage bonus a weapon or defense may have, or an immunity that an enemy possesses. Three elements exist in the game: fire, lightning and poison.
When dropped, a weapon has a chance to have an additional modifier that causes elemental damage. If the weapon does deal elemental damage, the amount of elemental damage will be listed as a bullet point detail.
A number of defenses deal elemental damage.
- Flameburst Tower (Apprentice)
- Inferno Trap (Huntress)
- Lightning Tower (Apprentice)
- Thunder Spike Trap (Huntress)
- Electric Aura (Monk)
- Poison Gas Trap* (Huntress)
- Ensnare Aura* (Monk)
* Does no damage, but is attuned to this element.
Elemental damage is dealt to an enemy if the enemy is not immune to the element. When an enemy spawns, there is a chance the enemy will have an immunity to an element. Enemies that have an elemental immunity will deal additional [elemental] damage when attacking*.
In order to remove the elemental immunity from an enemy, you must make use of one of the following defenses:
- Elemental Barrier (Apprentice)
- Darkness Trap (Huntress)
- Strength Drain Aura (Monk)
*No distinction is made between elemental and regular damage from enemies. An enemy with an elemental immunity simply deals more damage.
When an enemy is immune to an element, there will be a small visual effect on the model (in addition to the element's icon being visible on the enemy's health bar).
- While a boss is an enemy, a boss cannot be attuned to an element.
- If an enemy is immune to poison, the enemy will not be affected by the ensnare aura nor the poison gas trap.
The Squire has no defenses that deal elemental damage.